Planning for Plastic Surgery in India? Check Its Total Cost
With approximately 9,35,487 Indians having had plastic surgery in the year 2015 alone, India is surely becoming a plastic surgery hotspot. And this number increases every year.
So what makes India such an attractive option that people travel here to get plastic surgery? In this blog, we will discuss the common types of plastic surgery, the different costs, and why India makes for a lucrative option.
What is Plastic Surgery?
Plastic surgery is the process of reconstructing, altering, and restoring parts of the body by the transfer of tissue for cosmetic purposes or to treat an injury. Depending on the purpose of the surgery, this is broadly categorized into reconstructive and cosmetic surgeries.
1. Reconstructive Surgery
Whether it’s an injury from a trauma, a physical birth defect, an ear deformity, or a cleft lip, plastic surgery can help correct it.
2. Cosmetic Surgery
If you are looking to alter your looks for cosmetic reasons- like changing your nose, reshaping your breasts, or removing fat from certain parts of your body, plastic surgery can help you do that.
Now instead of making you read 10 whole paragraphs before giving you an answer, here’s the deal – In India, plastic surgery costs anywhere from Rs. 15 thousand to Rs. 2.5 lakhs (or even more depending on what you want, additional services, consultations, and complications).
What Decides the Cost of Plastic Surgery?
You might think – why does the cost of plastic surgery go from as low as 15k to as high as 2.5 lakhs? Well, a lot of factors go into it:
- The type of procedure you want – Each procedure requires a different set of skills and effort. The cost also depends on which part of the body is to be treated.
- The surgeon you pick – Depending on how skilled and established a surgeon is, they can charge you accordingly.
- What the hospital charges – each hospital charges differently based on the facilities and personnel they have. Also consider the admission charges, the type of hospital, and the kind of room you have chosen.
- City of surgery – Surgery costs are different in different cities and countries. While India offers comparatively cheaper options for plastic surgery, the cost varies from city to city.
- Age of patient.
- Any lab tests or exams done (like X-ray, ECG).
- Any post-surgical complications.
- Whether the patient has any medical condition.
Cost of Plastic Surgeries in Major Cities of India
For plastic surgery, Pune turns out to be the cheapest starting at Rs. 20,000, and in Mumbai, it can go as high as Rs. 1.3 lakhs.
- Pune: 20,000 – 1,00,000
- Delhi: 25,000 – 1,75,000
- Hyderabad: 30,000 – 1,20,000
- Bangalore: 35,000 – 1,55,000
- Chennai: 40,000 – 1,80,000
- Kolkata: 45,000 – 1,50,000
- Mumbai: 60,000 – 1,30,000
How does India Compare to Other Countries?
Let’s compare the cost of a few common procedures:
- India – INR 1,25,000
- USA – INR 6,45,255
- UK – INR 5,48,466
- Australia – INR 2,84,003
- India – INR 50,000
- USA – INR 4,83,940
- UK – INR 3,87,150
- Australia – INR 3,45,000
- India – 2,00,000
- USA 6,12,992
- UK – 3,87,153
- Australia – 2,80,000
- India – 75,000
- USA – 2,72,000
- UK – 4,25,000
- Australia – 3,80,000
Why is India preferred for Plastic Surgery?
As you can see in the table above, while rhinoplasty can be as costly as Rs. 6.45 lakhs in the USA, it costs only Rs. 1.25 lakhs in India. Similarly, where liposuction costs Rs. 4.8 lakhs in the USA, it costs only 50k in India. In fact, a global survey by the ISAPS in 2010 stated that India ranked 5th in the world for cosmetic surgical and non-surgical procedures.
In addition to India offering affordable rates for plastic surgery, we have state-of-the-art infrastructure and ensure a safe experience and quality services. Our surgeons are highly experienced.
What are Some Common Types of Plastic Surgeries?
- Complex facial reconstruction
- Breast reduction
- Breast augmentation/enhancement
- Laser skin resurfacing
- Forehead lift
- Hand surgery
- Buttock lift
- Peripheral nerve surgery
- Breast reconstruction with implants
- Tissue expansion
- Permanent Makeup
- Chemical Peel
The cheapest procedure is a chemical peel, which costs anywhere from Rs. 1,500 to Rs. 10,000. This is followed by Botox, which costs between Rs. 16,000 and Rs. 18,000.
How Long is the Recovery Period?
After getting plastic surgery, you will need to rest for around 1 to 3 months depending on which surgery was performed.